As an ally, I agree to:
- Be an open-minded listener
- Confront my own prejudices by doing my own research and asking educated questions
- Recognize my privilege and use it for good
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Speak up for the underrepresented who are not present in the conversation, and amplify present voices not being equally heard
- Follow the lead of my 2LGBTQIA+ peers by supporting but not overshadowing
- Work to develop an understanding of 2LGBTQIA+ community member issues and commit to continued personal growth
- Have a good understanding of sexual orientation, gender identity, an gender expression; and am comfortable with my own
- Be aware that the coming out process is not a one-time event and provide continued support
- Respect privacy – refrain from disclosing names or identifying details of a person when discussing a situation
- Consult the Rainbow Center staff when I have questions or would like feedback about how to support or advise a 2LGBTQIA+ community member
To join the AllyList or to update your existing listing, please fill out the AllyList Registration Form. You will be prompted to log in with your NetID and password.
If you identify as 2LGBTQIA+, please consider joining the OutList.
Questions? Send us an email!